Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon 2013

Such a terrible tragedy. My thoughts go out to all of the victims and their families as well as to all of those who lent a hand to people in need. These heroic actions, no matter how small a gesture it may be, restore my faith in humanity by reminding me that while there are those who go out of their way to harm others, there are many more who won't think twice at the smallest chance to help their fellow Human Beings.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.‘ To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.”

-Mr. Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment